What's it all about?

I'm not what you'd call a "natural runner". I used to run "the mile" at sports day when I was at school, which I thought was near impossible. One year I passed out: my french teacher made me drink sugary tea. Since I left school, I do occasionally run for a train. It usually hurts.

So the joke is, I trained for the Peterborough half marathon in 2011! It's a running joke, because it goes on (and on), and also because it's about running (see what I did there?). The serious part is, I started running because my friend Heather's mum died from lung cancer last year. With your help, I raised over £1200 for Macmillan. I feel very strongly that sponsorship money should be earned. I think I did that. I may raise money again some time, and hope you might help with that too.

But I aim to laugh about it. Read on...

Saturday 8 October 2011

Thank you, everyone.

I just want to say a massive thank you to every person who sponsored me to do this race - so, many, many thanks to Rebecca, Simon, Nigel, Britta, Kate, David, Linda, Simon, Anne, Babs, Anon, Huw, Judy, Terry, Debbie, Stella, Mina, Keith, Jim, Brenda, Mike, Richard, Rob and Dawn, Justin, Simon, Chris, Colin, Ilfra, Sue, Gavin, Trudy, Margaret, Isabel and Jorg, David, Jessa, Cat, Heather, Louise, Fiona, Matt, Jeanette, Charlotte, Evelyn, Stephen, Sophie & Robbie, Jennifer, Anna, Susan, Ian, Catherine, Gavan, Nic, Jen, Marilyn, Helen, Daniel, Andrew, Carolyn, Dave, Geoff and Donna, Emma, Mike, Jasper & Dorrie, Joe, Stewart, Richard, Dave, Megan, Suzanne, Alistair, Tim, Tim, Mark, Trevor, Tim, Paul, Sue, Paddy, Paddy's guests (including Dougie) and Iain.

Thanks (and good luck) to everyone who joined in the sweepstake: Ian, Justin, Naomi, Chris, Tim, Anna, Sue, Paul, Nic, Brigid, Dave, Keith, Richard, Judy, Nigel, Alistair, Mina, Megan, Hannah, Heather, Suzanne, Stewart, Anita, Tim, & Tim.

Thanks to everyone who went running with me, including Nigel, Chris, Tom, Dave, moustachioed Chris, Paul, Summer and Tony. Thanks to Summer for agreeing to join my team, and help raise sponsorship money for Sue Ryder, as well as your donations to Macmillan. And especially, thanks to Sal for all your help and top tips with the training.

Thanks not just for your sponsorship, but also for all your words of encouragement, for following this blog, and generally keeping me at it!

You went nuts - the total I raised (so far) through this race for Macmillan is £1162.10, plus loads of gift-aided money (£239.53 online, plus more offline). Heather says it really meant a lot to Iris that I decided to do this. I'm sure it means a lot to Heather and her family too. And Macmillan is really grateful - they keep emailing me to tell me!

THANK YOU EVERYONE! 

and I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on...

No comments:

Post a Comment