What's it all about?

I'm not what you'd call a "natural runner". I used to run "the mile" at sports day when I was at school, which I thought was near impossible. One year I passed out: my french teacher made me drink sugary tea. Since I left school, I do occasionally run for a train. It usually hurts.

So the joke is, I trained for the Peterborough half marathon in 2011! It's a running joke, because it goes on (and on), and also because it's about running (see what I did there?). The serious part is, I started running because my friend Heather's mum died from lung cancer last year. With your help, I raised over £1200 for Macmillan. I feel very strongly that sponsorship money should be earned. I think I did that. I may raise money again some time, and hope you might help with that too.

But I aim to laugh about it. Read on...

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Miracles

The fact of the matter is, I have given a lot of thought to what I'll write in the blog, while running. And in all honesty, I haven't done a lot of it, so I don't want you to "run away" with the notion that you are missing out. But you have. I've deprived you of , ooh, I'd say seven, running adventures.

So, "Miracles" didn't have a lot going for it. Sometimes I only think of the title, then wonder what I'd actually write. The miracles thing was when I started running again in, ooh, let me consult Runkeeper (AKA the Talking Lady): 13 January. But I decided I could double up for the run on 16th January. They were both shorties, you see. And I didn't really feel up to much, but I got on and did them. I got out there. I was running by myself, and I did some short circuits, in what the locals call "the Fengate Run", which is 2.65 miles. I actually ran a bit further on the first day (3.86 miles), by extending it up the canal, but apparently saw the error in my ways the second day, and curtailed it a bit.

The reason why I was going to call it miracles, my thinking was, that it may not be very impressive, but I was in plenty of time for the half-marathon, and I didn't need miracles, I just needed a proper training program. And I needed to stick with it.

Ha ha ha. That's funny. I do need a miracle, I don't have Sally any more. I'm flying solo. (although in fairness, I asked her if I can still pester her, and she agreed. She even said I can come out to Stilton and go running with her. This was at my request, because I'm very scared about the whole hill thing. More on which, later).

No comments:

Post a Comment